Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 2 Lab Kevin Kuga


The ways that I thought of to improve this map consist of how to label certain states, label electoral votes per state, and finally to remove unneeded information. The main problem I have with the maps labels is the fact that some of the states are not labeled. Most of the small east coast states have no way to distinguish which ones are which. Granted that most people already know which states are where, I still feel that completely labeling this map would have map it much better. I suggest that this map should be further improved by actually putting the electoral votes that each state has available. I believe that a simple number below each state abbreviation in smaller text than the state's label would make it much clearer as to how the election played out. I finally want to point out that there is some unneeded information on this map. On the left side of the map are two categories for who is leading the state before the final results are in. However, seeing as how the election is already over, this information is irrelevant at this point. Overall I do think that this is a fairly good map that shows the election results clearly and with little confusion. Even though we did not make the map interactive, I definitely think that the map on the original website was greatly improved by making it interactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment