Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Final Project (Part 1. NFL Teams Map)

For the first part of my final project I choose to map the NFL teams by state. I chose this because I needed to use data that I could easily acquire. My reasoning for this is that I used the program ArcScene to make most of my maps. The ArcScene program was very difficult to work with because I had to learn how to use everything from scratch. I quickly learn that the program also runs slow at times, which made it particularly frustrating to work with. However, in the end I am fairly happy with the resulting maps that I was able to create.
The first map is just for a reference of the names of the cities that each team(s) is located. The second map is a representation of how many teams are in each state. The taller the mapped state, the more teams that are located within it. There is also a legend to show different label points that also represent the number of teams per state or the number of teams per city. The third and fourth maps are just for viewing purposes. They have no labeling, but I feel give a better 3D perspective of the maps that I created.

East to West View

West to East View

No comments:

Post a Comment